WANTED - Saturday Shop Assistant
We are looking for someone to work Saturdays in our shop/sewing studio, this will initially be for 10 weeks but for the right candidate there is scope for the position to be extended.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a keen eye of detail who understands the importance of maintaining a tidy shop floor for our lovely customers, to be based at The Sewing Institute, located at Lower Ground Floor, Ansdell Institute, Woodlands Road, Lytham St Annes FY8 4BX.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with fabric or in a similar environment, have accurate measuring skills and be capable of calculating quantities of fabric and haberdashery. You should have a basic knowledge of dressmaking/sewing and be passionate about what we do! We are looking for someone with good personal skills, who is confident talking to customers in person and over the phone. Good IT skills are desirable, experience with Shopify and canva would be advantageous.
- Measuring and cutting fabric/haberdashery
- Serving customers in the shop
- Operating the till and card machine
- Answering emails, phone calls and text messages
- Dealing with enquiries
- Fulfilling online orders
- Using Shopify to check for orders and updating quantities of stock
- Booking students in for classes
- Manual handling including moving heavy rolls of fabric and sewing machines
- Reporting back to the manager as required.
- Minimum requirements of a grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
- Good IT Skills
- Over 18 years old
- Understanding of Shopify and canva would be beneficial
- An interest in textiles essential, a qualification (Alevel, BTEC, Degree) in relevant area would be desirable but not essential.
- This role would suit a creative College /University student keen to expand their textile knowledge.
We would love to hear from you if you think you are the person from the job! Please email a CV to us at email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview...